Re: Questions and experiences writing a Foreign Data Wrapper

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Questions and experiences writing a Foreign Data Wrapper
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 08/26/2011 07:27 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> I wrote:
>> I wrote a FDW for Oracle to a) learn some server coding
>> and b) see how well the FDW API works for me.
> I have released the software on PgFoundry:
> http://oracle-fdw.projects.postgresql.org/
>
> Would it make sense to mention that in chapter 5.10
> of the documentation?

I don't think so, any more than any other external module should be
mentioned in the docs. There are known FDWs for several well known
external databases, several file formats, and more exotic data sources
such as twitter. I don't think we want to  maintain a list of these in
the docs.

cheers

andrew