Re: Update+ Prepared Statement Error.

От Chris Wareham
Тема Re: Update+ Prepared Statement Error.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 23/08/11 06:34, JavaNoobie wrote:
> Hi all,
> Im trying to write a PreparedStatement , to pass an update query as below
> .
>
>     query = "UPDATE db_consumer SET
> WENEXA_ID=?,RR_NO=?,CONSUMER_NAME=?,RESIDING_VILLAGE=?,CONTACT_NO=?,CONTACT_PERSON=?,REP_DATE=?,STATUS_ID=?
> WHERE CONSUMER_ID=?";
>                   stmt = con.prepareStatement(query);
>                                     stmt.setString(1, bean.getWenexa_id());

The bean.getWenexa_id() call returns null?

>                           stmt.setString(2, bean.getRr_number());
>                   stmt.setString(3, bean.getConsumer_name());
>                   stmt.setString(4, bean.getResiding_village());
>                   stmt.setString(5, bean.getContact_no());
>                   stmt.setString(6, bean.getContact_person());
>                   if (bean.getRep_date() == null || bean.getRep_date() == "") {
>                         bean.setRep_date(null);
>                     }

The check and set of null here is redundant, and you are comparing the
identity of the rep_date string with the empty string. Unless the
rep_date string is interned this will most likely not work as you
expect. The clause should be:

if ("".equals(bean.getRep_date())) {
     bean.setRep_date(null);
}

Although I have to wonder why are you representing a date in your bean
as a String rather than a Date. If it was a Date, then the previous
clause would be unnecessary and the next clause could be:

if (bean.getRep_date() != null) {
     stmt.setDate(7, new java.sql.Date(bean.getRep_date().getTime()));
} else {
     stmt.setNull(7, Types.DATE);
}

That would save you the cost of parsing a date from a string.

>                     if (bean.getRep_date() != null) {
>                         System.out.println("DAte before Insert" + bean.getRep_date());
>                         dtd2 = df2.parse(bean.getRep_date());
>                         sqlDate1 = new java.sql.Date(dtd2.getTime());
>                     }
>

>                   stmt.setDate(7, sqlDate1);
>                   stmt.setInt(8, bean.getStatus());
>                   stmt.setInt(9, bean.getConsumer_id());
>
>                   System.out.println(stmt.toString());

The toString() call is redundant, an implicit conversion  will occur
without it.