Re: the big picture for index-only scans

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: the big picture for index-only scans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19.08.2011 21:06, Gokulakannan Somasundaram wrote:
> If you are following the same design that Heikki put forward, then there is
> a problem with it in maintaining the bits in page and the bits in visibility
> map in sync, which we have already discussed.

Are you referring to this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-02/msg02097.php ? I
believe Robert's changes to make the visibility map crash-safe covers
that. Clearing the bit in the visibility map now happens within the same
critical section as clearing the flag on the heap page and writing th
WAL record.