Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em 18-08-2011 12:54, Greg Smith escreveu:
> I was hoping to eventually take the useful summary bits at the end, the
> totals, and save those into statistics somewhere each time a VACUUM of
> either sort finishes. It would fit with the information shown in
> pg_stat_tables, but that's obviously getting too wide. Breaking out a
> pg_stat_autovacuum view that contains all the relevant bits currently
> shown in that view, plus these 3 new fields, would be a reasonable start.

IMHO the useful summary bits belongs to log. If you want to add it to stats
collector go for it. But if you go to the latter road, it is recommended to
move some fields (time-related fields) from pg_stat_*_tables to this new view
(pg_stat_maintenance?). I don't know how generic you want to go but have in
mind I would like to cover automatic and manual maintenance commands.

Besides that another view will cover the maintenance activity. This new view
could contain at least datname, schemaname, relname, command_start,
command_schedule, operation, progress (?), procpid, and current_command. The
name has to be generic to cover all maintenance commands (perhaps
pg_maintenance_activity).

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: the big picture for index-only scans