Re: Calculating statistic via function rather than with query is slowing my query

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Calculating statistic via function rather than with query is slowing my query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 18/08/2011 3:00 AM, Anish Kejariwal wrote:
Thanks Pavel! that definitely solved it.

Unfortunately, the function I gave you was a simple/short version of what the actual function is going to be.  The actual function is going to get parameters passed to it, and based on the parameters will go through some if...else conditions, and maybe even call another function.  Based on that, I was definitely hoping to use plpgsql, and the overhead is unfortunate.

Is there any way to get around this overhead?  Will I still have the same overhead if I use plperl, plpython, pljava, or write the function in C?

You can probably still write it as an SQL function if you use CASE WHEN appropriately.

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++
Сообщение: Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++