Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> seems too much like hand-wavy-marketing-speak. I think it'd be better
> if it were more like the first paragraph of the 9.0 release notes[1].
> Maybe something like "This latest release contains many significant
> new features aimed at enhancing reliability, performance, and SQL
> Standard compliance. Users are particularly excited about synchronous
> replication and [other cool features]."

Hmmm, I'd like to keep it down to categories because we don't want to
list all 9 features in a sentence.  I also like the "more new features"
because I want to hammer it in to people that we're not sitting still
and letting the NoSQL guys to all the innovation.  Let me try ....

"This latest release contains more new features than any prior release
of PostgreSQL, enhancing scalability and security, as well as adding new
use cases for the database."

Needs help, but can you see what I'm driving for?

> And then maybe this sentence could be axed, or perhaps moved to the
> end; it doesn't seem important enough to emphasize in the first
> paragraph:
>
> | In PostgreSQL's 25th year of database development, our community
> | continues to introduce new innovations with every annual release.

Move to end I think.

Thanks!  Like I said, the release does need help.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft
Сообщение: Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft