Re: Functions returning setof record -- can I use a table type as my return type hint?

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Functions returning setof record -- can I use a table type as my return type hint?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/08/2011 17:26, George MacKerron wrote:
> Many thanks for the reply, Ray.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think this addresses the problem, because I'd
> hoped not to have to hard-code the table name into the function.
>
> The point of the function is that you can pass it any table name
> (along with some other parameters) and it returns rows from that
> named table.

OK, fair enough.... but what exactly are you trying to do that a simple
SELECT won't do?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: Functions returning setof record -- can I use a table type as my return type hint?
Сообщение: Re: Functions returning setof record -- can I use a table type as my return type hint?