Re: Possible Bug in pg_upgrade

От Dave Byrne
Тема Re: Possible Bug in pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On ons, 2011-08-10 at 18:53 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Dave Byrne<dbyrne@mdb.com>  writes:
>>> Attached is a patch that skips orphaned temporary relations in pg_upgrade if they are lingering around. It works
for9.0 ->  9.1 upgrades, however I wasn't able to tell when pg_class.relistemp was added so if it was unavailable in
versionsprior to 9.0 an additional check will have to be added.

>> I'm inclined to think the correct fix is to revert the assumption that
>> the old and new databases contain exactly the same number of tables ...
>> that seems to have a lot of potential failure modes besides this one.
> It's basically checking whether pg_dump -s worked.  That doesn't seem
> like a good use of time.

If anyone has a suggestion for a better approach I'm happy to work on it
and amend the patch. It is certainly is a corner case but it bit me when
preparing for the upcoming 9.1 release. I would imagine others will hit
it as well.