Re: plpython crash

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: plpython crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/08/11 18:01, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> plpython crashes on me on various 64-bit Ubuntu hosts, see the gdb
> backtrace at: https://gist.github.com/1140005
>
> Do you believe there was recent bugfixes regarding PLyMapping_ToTuple() ?
>
> This is PG 9.0.4 with HEAD of plpython taken in march 2011 and backported.
>
> Please tell me if you need more information.

Hi,

there were no changes to that area of plpython after March 2011.

Could you try to see if the error also appears if you run your app with
current PostgreSQL HEAD (both the server and plpython)?

Which Python version is that? You can get that info by running:

do $$ import sys; plpy.info(sys.version) $$ language plpythonu;

Could you try to extract a self-contained example of how to reproduce
it? If the bug only appears under your application's specific workload,
perhaps you could try running it with Postgres compiled with -O0,
because compiling with -O2 causes the gdb backtrace to be missing
optimised out values and inlined functions?

Cheers,
Jan