Re: psql document fix about showing FDW options

От Shigeru Hanada
Тема Re: psql document fix about showing FDW options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2011/08/12 0:48), Robert Haas wrote:
> 2011/8/9 Shigeru Hanada<shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>:
>> postgres=# \d pgbench_accounts
>>        Foreign table "public.pgbench_accounts"
>>   Column  |     Type      | Modifiers |    Options
>> ----------+---------------+-----------+---------------
>>   aid      | integer       | not null  | {colname=aid}
>>   bid      | integer       |           |
>>   abalance | integer       |           |
>>   filler   | character(84) |           |
>> Server: pgbench
>
> Looks like you've got postgresql_fdw working there... do you plan to
> submit that for 9.2 soon?  Any plans for qual pushdown?

Yeah, I have (hopefully) working FDW for PostgreSQL which is based on
the one which has been proposed for 9.1, and updates done by Heikki.
I've implemented:
 * SELECT clause omitting * WHERE clause pushdown (assuming remote has same functions/oprators) * private connection
caching,and VIEW which shows active connections * switch simple SELECT and CURSOR based on estimated # of rows,   and
FDWoptions to control this behavior

I'd like to submit this fdw in CF 2011-09 (ASAP) for discussion of
itself and FDW API enhancement.  Please see the wiki page below for details.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SQL/MED#PostgreSQL

>> I attached WIP patch for these fixes.
>> Please apply show_per_table_options.patch first against head, and then
>> rename_desc_headers.patch can be applied.
>
> Looks good to me.  Committed.

Thanks!

Regards,
--