Re: upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/08/11 4:11 PM, Claire Chang wrote:
> I am going to upgrade our PostgresSQL server from 8.3 to 8.4. Is there
> any application code change required? I did some google searches and
> can't find any.

to what David already said, I will add this observation...

8.4 is pickier about implied type conversions...  if you have code that
assumes it can mix types like text and numeric operations, it may
require adding some explicit type casting, or it will throw errors.
thats the only major thing I've seen that impacts applications.

I assume you know that you need to do a pg_dumpall of your 8.3 data then
load it onto your new 8.4 database cluster, right?

Сообщение: Re: Update with ORDER BY and LIMIT
Сообщение: Re: Update with ORDER BY and LIMIT