post installation addition of uuid extension

От Rob Sargent
Тема post installation addition of uuid extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've inherited some version 9.0 databases which make use of the uuid
data type but which do not have the uuid-generate-vx() functions.
These installations are running on openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64) and were
installed (probably) from yast.  I've loaded the requisite share-libs
(also via yast) (/usr/lib64/libossp-uuid.so.16 which does have an entry
point for uuid-export).

I have the source for 9.0.3 with the contrib/ossp-uuid package. But the
sql therein is of course uuid-ossp.sql.in and needs, I believe, to have
"'MODULE_PATHNAME'" resolved before it's useful.

Can anyone point me to the next step?

As a side note, pg_config was not installed and I don't see it as an
option in yast pointed at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:database:postgresql/openSUSE_11.3