Re: 9.0 Streaming Replication Problem to two slaves

От Michael Best
Тема Re: 9.0 Streaming Replication Problem to two slaves
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/25/2011 11:38 AM, Michael Best wrote:
> I have the servers configured, and get the replication up and running,
> and then it will run for the better part of a day, and then the slaves
> appear to stop receiving or requesting updates, there doesn't appear to
> be anything in the logs other than

One of the problems I was experiencing was one of my recovery databases
disk was filling up, I solved this by using pg_archivecleanup

The real cause of this appears to be that overnight my database produces
something on the order of 1200 to 2500 WAL archives which are being
transmitted correctly to the replication databases, but they are having
trouble replaying these logs fast enough to ever get caught up.

archive_timeout is not set, but I believe the default is 0

Is this likely that the disks are too slow on the replication servers,
or is something else happening, such as the restoration of logs is
considerably slower than on the primary?

-Mike