Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
>> Hm, OK I see your point now I believe. This is not so much about
>> wanting to put things into BEFORe triggers which doesn't really
>> fit there, but instead avoiding weeks of debugging if someones
>> messes up.
>
> I would say that is the overriding concern.
I'm going to have to argue with myself -- really, the *biggest*
concern is that the current situation allows data to be quietly
mangled through non-obvious action-at-a-distance.  The damage might
not be discovered for a very long time.  Debugging the cause of the
mangling, once noticed, is the *next* most significant concern.
-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: WIP fix proposal for bug #6123
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Transient plans versus the SPI API