Re: possible ecpg compatibility problem

От Boszormenyi Zoltan
Тема Re: possible ecpg compatibility problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> I have an executable which uses ecpg which was created on a system using postgres
> version 8.2.6.  I sent it to a site with version 8.4.7 installed.  The executable fails
> with a memory fault.
>
> Is there a problem doing this?

Try recompiling your ecpg code with 8.4.x's ecpg and use that.
At least the public ECPGdo() interface have changed between
8.2 and 8.4, so your old binary compiled with 8.2 obviously fails.
I wonder why the runtime linker didn't complain, the major
SO version has also changed between these two versions.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Zoltán Böszörményi