How to Speed up Insert from Multiple Connections

От Adarsh Sharma
Тема How to Speed up Insert from Multiple Connections
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dear all,

I research a lot on Postgresql Performance Tuning and find some
parameters to increase the select performance in postgresql.
By increasing shared_buffers,effective_cache_size ,work_mem,
maintainance etc , we can achieve performance in select queries.

But In my application about 200 connections are made to DB server and
insert into 2 tables occured.
And it takes more than hours to complete.

I understand the variable checkpoint_segments & want to know is there
any more ways to increase the write performance.

Thanks