Re: Fresh Restore - relation contains more than "max_fsm_pages"

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Fresh Restore - relation contains more than "max_fsm_pages"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28/07/11 18:13, Maton, Brett wrote:
> postgresql v8.3.14
>
> Can anyone help me identify why a vacuum on clean pg_restore database
> would give this warning?
> I've been told that the database was restored and not been touched
> since, i.e. no inserts / updates or deletes.  So I'm curious as to why
> it appears to have been created with excessive "holes".

Maybe a non-default FILLFACTOR was set on some tables/indexes?

Or - especially if restore was done as schema followed by data rather
than all in one - the index creation and subsequent updates freed too
many pages?

Personally, I'd recommend moving to 8.4 or above, where you no longer
need worry about the free space map at all.

--
Craig Ringer