Re: write scalability

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: write scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/25/2011 04:07 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I did 5-minute pgbench runs with unlogged tables and with permanent
> tables, restarting the database server and reinitializing the tables
> between each run.

Database scale?  One or multiple pgbench worker threads?  A reminder on
the amount of RAM in the server would be helpful for interpreting the
results too.

The other thing I'd recommend if you're running more write-heavy tests
is to turn off autovacuum.  Whether or not it kicks in depends on the
test duration and the TPS rate, which adds a source of variability
better avoided here. It also means that faster tests end up getting
penalized by having it run near their end, which makes them no longer
look like fast results.