Re: [WAS:ADMIN] [WAS:PERFORM] Restore database after drop command

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [WAS:ADMIN] [WAS:PERFORM] Restore database after drop command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> [ADMIN] [PERFORM]

First rule of mailing lists: DO NOT CROSS POST. Please stick to one
mailing list. I've replied on pgsql-general where your post started out.
Please do not reply to the posts on -admin or -perform.

My reply follows below.

On 25/07/11 15:11, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
> I go through the link, so it is impossible to get the data back.
> I have following files in my pg_xlog directory :
>
> 000000010000000700000091
> 000000010000000700000092
> 000000010000000700000093
> 000000010000000700000094
> 000000010000000700000095
> 000000010000000700000096
> 000000010000000700000097
> 000000010000000700000098
>
> I think I issued the drop database command 1 month ago.

.... and you're asking NOW? Even though "it's urgent"?

The first rule of data recovery: As soon as you realize something is
wrong, make a copy of everything immediately. Then stop using it.

> I think I issued the drop database command 1 month ago.
> From the manual, I understand that my segment files are recycled to newer ones :

Correct. Any chance you ever had of recovering  your data is almost
certainly gone because you restored into it - probably immediately
destroying your deleted data - then kept on using the database for
another month.

If you're willing to spend a lot of money you might be able to recover
some of it using hard-drive level overwritten data forensics, but I
rather doubt it.

--
Craig Ringer