Re: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?
Дата
Re: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?
Список pgsql-hackers
Arguments in favor of coding from scratch:

1) Does not introduce new dependencies into postgresql-client packages.
(note how much of a problem Readline has been)

2) keeps psql as lightweight as possible

3) We don't need to be able to parse any potential URI, just the ones we
accept.

Arguments against:

a) waste of time coding a parser

b) eventual feature creep as people ask us for more and more syntax support

Overall, though, I'd say that argument (1) against is pretty powerful.
Count the number of complaints and build bug reports about readline &
libedit on the lists.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Initial Review: JSON contrib modul was: Re: Another swing at JSON
Сообщение: Re: Initial Review: JSON contrib modul was: Re: Another swing at JSON