Re: Tracing in Postgres

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Tracing in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22/07/2011 4:43 PM, Harshitha S wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to integrate a tracing framework in the Postgres code.
> I need to know if elog.c under backend/utils/error is the place where
> the changes can be made.
It depends: what exactly are the kinds of events you want to trace?

If you're looking to redirect the logging output Pg can already produce,
you can just have your tracing system act as a syslog daemon and get
postgresql to write to syslog. If you want something more detailed, elog
will probably do much of what you need.

If you want to trace things like actual row changes, which Pg never
writes through elog, you won't be able to get them via that mechanism.

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park
Ph: 08 9381 3088     Fax: 08 9388 2258
ABN: 50 008 917 717
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/

От: Willy-Bas Loos
Сообщение: Re: COPY TO '|gzip > /my/cool/file.gz'
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: Choosing primary key type: 64 or 52 bit primary keys?