Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is it possible to only include the syscache on --enable-selinux
> configurations? It would imply physical data incompatibility with
> standard configurations, but that's also true for e.g. the block size.
>
> Also, the tests I did with varying bucket sizes suggested that
> decreasing the syscache to 256 didn't show a significant performance
> decrease compared to the 2048 #buckets, for the restorecon test, which
> hits over 3000 objects with security labels. My guess is that that is
> a fair middle of the road database schema size. Are you unwilling to
> pay the startup overhead for a extra 256 syscache?

Hello KaiGai-san,

off-list,

I was wondering why the catalog pg_seclabel exists at all. Why not store
the labels together with the objects (pg_class, pg_attribute etc) ? The
syscache wouldn't be needed in that case.

regards,
Yeb

Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache