Re: Book

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Book
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/20/2011 04:31 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:
> On 21/07/11 10:45, Andrej wrote:
>> Thanks all - book ordered :}
>>
> I wonder how much Greg has spent in bribes???  :-)
>

> More seriously: I intend going through my copy in depth to get a
> better unbderstanding of pg.

The funny thing is that at full list price the cost of the book is, to
an extremely rough approximation, the same an admin's pay for one hour.

Looked at from one perspective, the purchase price is a tiny part of the
overall cost of the book.

Looked at from another, skim through for one nugget that saves you an
hour or keeps you from overspending on hardware and the book is paid for.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Book
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: How to implement autostart of postgres?