Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> I'm less concerned about the standard here and more concerned
> about what helps our users.  Having column names for an FK error
> is *extremely* useful for troubleshooting, particularly if the
> database has been upgraded from the 7.4 days and has non-useful FK
> names like "$3".
If it gives a FK constraint name, isn't there a way to get from that
to the columns used by the constraint?  If we want to support
something non-standard, we can always tell them to look at the text
of the error detail, right?
-Kevin

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime