Re: Statistics and Multi-Column indexes

От lars
Тема Re: Statistics and Multi-Column indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 07/10/2011 02:31 PM, Samuel Gendler wrote:
> What about partitioning tables by tenant id and then maintaining
> indexes on each partition independent of tenant id, since constraint
> exclusion should handle filtering by tenant id for you.  That seems
> like a potentially more tolerable variant of #5 How many tenants are
> we talking about?  I gather partitioning starts to become problematic
> when the number of partitions gets large.

I thought I had replied... Apparently I didn't.

The database can grow in two dimensions: The number of tenants and the
number of rows per tenant.
We have many tenants with relatively little data and a few with a lot of
data. So the number of tenants
is known ahead of time and might be 1000's.

-- Lars

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db
От: lars
Сообщение: Re: UPDATEDs slowing SELECTs in a fully cached database