Re: Memory usage of auto-vacuum

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Memory usage of auto-vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 9/07/2011 3:25 PM, Gael Le Mignot wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are running  a PostgreSQL 8.4 database, with  two tables containing a
> lot (>  1 million) moderatly  small rows. It contains some btree indexes,
> and one of the two tables contains a gin full-text index.
>
> We noticed  that the  autovacuum process  tend to use  a lot  of memory,
> bumping the postgres process near 1Gb while it's running.

What is maintenance_work_mem set to in postgresql.conf?

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park
Ph: 08 9381 3088     Fax: 08 9388 2258
ABN: 50 008 917 717
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: issue with query optimizer when joining two partitioned tables
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Memory usage of auto-vacuum