Re: Infinite Cache

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Infinite Cache
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 05.07.2011 16:35, Shaun Thomas wrote:
> I'd say it's probably safe enough these days. But it's also one of those
> exclusive selling points they're using right now to garner EDB
> customers. So I doubt it'll be released any time *soon*, though may make
> it eventually.

I doubt the community would want it even if it was open sourced. As an
open source project, what would probably make more sense is a similar
caching mechanism built into the kernel, somewhere between the
filesystem cache and user-space. That way any you could use it with any
application that benefits from the kind of large cache that Infinite
Cache provides.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas