Re: Latch implementation that wakes on postmaster death on both win32 and Unix

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Latch implementation that wakes on postmaster death on both win32 and Unix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.07.2011 16:11, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Incidentally, I like that this removes the amDirectChild argument to
> PostmasterIsAlive() - an added benefit.

amDirectChild==false has actually been dead code for years. But the new
pipe method would work for a non-direct child too as long as the pipe fd
is inherited by the non-direct child, should we need that in the future
again.