Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust OLDSERXID_MAX_PAGE based on BLCKSZ.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust OLDSERXID_MAX_PAGE based on BLCKSZ.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So, what are the consequences if a compiler allows the expression
> to overflow to zero?  Does this mean that beta3 is dangerously
> broken?
The risk to anyone not using serializable transactions is most
definitely zero.  I've been running with this patch in my daily
tests (including the isolation tests and `make installcheck-world`
with default_transaction_isolation = 'serializable' without seeing
any problems.  The best way to check would be to run the isolation
tests on a platform reporting the overflow.
-Kevin

От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Latch implementation that wakes on postmaster death on both win32 and Unix
От: Stuart Bishop
Сообщение: Re: storing TZ along timestamps