Re: SSI atomic commit

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SSI atomic commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dan Ports <drkp@csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> We should also apply the attached patch, which corrects a minor
> issue with the conditions for flagging transactions that could
> potentially make a snapshot unsafe.
>
> There's a small window wherein a transaction is committed but not
> yet on the finished list, and we shouldn't flag it as a potential
> conflict if so. We can also skip adding a doomed transaction to
> the list of possible conflicts because we know it won't commit.
>
> This is not really a related issue, but Kevin and I found it while
> looking into this issue, and it was included in the patch we sent
> out.
Agreed -- that was in the SSI atomic commit patch, but probably
should have been submitted separately.  The issue is really
orthogonal -- it's just that we found it while looking at the other
race condition.
-Kevin

От: Dan Ports
Сообщение: Re: SSI atomic commit
От: Cédric Villemain
Сообщение: Re: Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space