Re: out of memory error

От Toby Corkindale
Тема Re: out of memory error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/07/11 01:12, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> Wanted to add more specifics. Here is the actual code that generated the
> error:
>
> my $result = $conn->exec($select);
>
> if ($result->resultStatus != PGRES_TUPLES_OK)
> {
> $error = $conn->errorMessage;
> die "Error: <$error> Failed: <$select>";
> }

That looks like Perl code.
Which CPAN module are you using?

Judging by the PGRES_TUPLES_OK bit, I'm guessing it's either the
very-experimental Pg::PQ, or more likey - the ancient Pg module.

I just ask, because I don't think that module has been maintained since
the 20th Century! I mean, it's seriously out of date. It was built
against Postgresql version 6!

I believe everyone using Perl with PostgreSQL uses the DBD::Pg module
now - if you're having client errors, I really think you should look at
moving to it as well.

I hope this helps,
Toby