Re: flex on win64 - workaround for "flex: fatal internal error, exec failed"

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: flex on win64 - workaround for "flex: fatal internal error, exec failed"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/07/2011 2:36 PM, Brar Piening wrote:

> As you might also want to use git for developing with postgres its
> possible that all you need is already in place.
>
> As I use msysgit my usual way of dealing with flex and bison
> dependencies is putting "$ENV{PATH}=$ENV{PATH} . ';C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Git\bin';" into my buildenv.pl

Good thought. I hadn't realized msysgit bundled flex and bison - that's
really handy. I generally use git from a `vsvars' cmd.exe shell not bash
simply because some tools don't play well with bash, and I only have git
on the PATH so I didn't realize flex was bundled. Handy!

I wonder if the docs should be recommending using msys's flex and bison
(via msysgit or mingw) rather than GnuWin32? Pointing to a matching m4,
flex and bison that're kept up to date and easy to install might be a
good thing.

--
Craig Ringer