clean.pl on Windows fails to remove flex output

От Craig Ringer
Тема clean.pl on Windows fails to remove flex output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi folks

I've noticed while testing the VC 2010 patches that clean.pl in
src/tools/msvc doesn't remove files generated by flex. I landed up with
a broken configuration while testing my x64 builds that caused the
creation of zero-size outputs for bootscanner.c etc. These weren't
re-generated on re-build even after a clean, and because they're in
.gitignore they aren't flagged as dirty in the tree either. Because an
empty file is a valid C compilation unit, everything proceeded merrily
until linkage failed.

Should clean.pl be removing such files? Or, since they're probably
included in release source tarballs, would a separate "gitclean.pl" be
required?

--
Craig Ringer