Re: PLPGSQL SETOF functions

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: PLPGSQL SETOF functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Please reply to the list in the future.

I don't believe you can do that.

Sim

On 06/29/2011 04:39 PM, David Greco wrote:

Thanks that works pretty well. Is it possible to fetch the all the return of dates_pkg.getbusinessdays() into a single variable at once? i.e. in Oracle I would do something like

CRATE table_type as TABLE of TYPE record_type;

declare

    allrows table_type;

BEGIN

    allrows := dates_pkg.getbusinessdays();

END;

And allrows would be a collection that I can iterate over at my leisure. I have to problem writing future code to just do a for loop over the select, but while migrating existing code I'd rather keep it as intact as possible.

1) If you declare a return type setof TABLENAME the resultset will contain rows with field definitions like the table.

2) To call the function from another plpgsql function use:

declare
    row record
begin
    for row in select * from dates_pkg.getbusinessdays(...) Loop
        ...process...
    end loop
end

see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-RECORDS-ITERATING