Re: Setup postgres with automatic table and user intitiallisation

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Setup postgres with automatic table and user intitiallisation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/28/2011 05:34 AM, Lodron, Gerald wrote:
> I have the problem that when i run my batch i always have to let the user type in the password, thats nasty... I also
triedPGPASSWORD but it does not work, it always prints that it is the wrong password...

I'm not sure if setting PGPASSWORD in a Windows batch file is going to
work correctly...have you tried creating a .pgpass file instead?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html

Another option to consider is swapping out the default pg_hba.conf file
with one that trusts local users fully.  You could put that in place,
signal the server to reload its configuration, execute your setup
script, then put back a properly secured file and reload again.  There
will be a brief window where any local user could gain access to the
database server as a superuser that way.  But if you were that worried
about locking down security, you probably wouldn't be deploying an
auto-installer on Windows in the first place.

Comprehensive and Customized PostgreSQL Training Classes:
http://www.2ndquadrant.us/postgresql-training/

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: DROP TABLE Appears to Fail
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: Windows x64 : How do I get OSSP-UUID.sql contrib for postgresql x64