Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/24/11 4:51 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> And there's a downside too - with prepared statements the the planner
> can't use the actual parameter values to choose the plan (it does not
> know them), so it may choose a plan that's good on average but sucks for
> some parameter values.

indeed, this can really bite you on partitioned tables.    My lead
Oracle programmer would like to see support for prepared statements that
are parsed but not preplanned...  our standard coding model has all the
queries prepared up front as part of process initialization, and queries
executed against these prepared statements.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening