Re: Long Running Update

От Harry Mantheakis
Тема Re: Long Running Update
Дата
Re: Long Running Update  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-performance
Thank you Claudio.

 > there are lots of ways in which it could be struggling...

I have been monitoring the server with IOSTAT -d and IOSTAT -c and I
cannot see anything alarming.

 > It will be a lot faster if you can drop all indices...

This is counter-intuitive - because the WHERE clause is matching the
only two indexed fields, and my understanding is that querying on
indexed fields is faster than querying on fields that are not indexed.
(Note also, that the indexed field is NOT being updated.)

But if this update fails, I shall try what you suggest!

Kind regards

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK