Re: Relative path specified for data_directory is not working as expected

От Eduard-Cristian Stefan
Тема Re: Relative path specified for data_directory is not working as expected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2011-06-23 19:15, Reid Thompson wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 11:08 AM, Eduard-Cristian Stefan wrote:
>> D:\me\usr\PostgreSQL\bin/pg_ctl.exe runservice -N "pgsql" -D "d:/me/etc/PostgreSQL"
> not very familiar with the windows version, but I think -D is supposed to point to the data directory which in your
laterinfo is listed as
> data_directory = 'd:/me/data/PostgreSQL'

I was following the documentation:
     If you wish to keep the configuration files elsewhere than the data directory,
     the postgres -D command-line option or PGDATA environment variable must point
     to the directory containing the configuration files, and the data_directory
     parameter must be set in postgresql.conf (or on the command line) to show
     where the data directory is actually located. Notice that data_directory
     overrides -D and PGDATA for the location of the data directory,
      but not for the location of the configuration files.

Have a nice day,
   Eduard