Re: CRUD plpgsql generator

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: CRUD plpgsql generator
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/CRUD-functions-similar-to-SQL-stored-procedurs-for-postgresql-tables-td3372030.html

>>> It wouldn't be that difficult to make one IMO, but are you sure you
>>> really want to do this? ISTM it's a bit of an anti-pattern.  If I had
>>> to do it, I would make a plpgsql function which would generate the
>>> functions by querying information_schema and generating create
>>> function statements via 'execute'.
>>>
>>> merlin
>>>
>> Or a cheasy script to parse the ddl files and generate the functions?
>
> I greatly prefer the information schema route, because parsing out the
> necessary bits robustly is more work than it appears on the surface --
> you'd want to be able to handle all manner of primary keys for
> example.  IOW, even if you really wanted the function creation script
> to be in say, perl, I'd still source the data from a query unless
> there was no other route.
>
> merlin

Undoubtedly you're on the better track.  I equate CRUD with simplistic
and that I'm sure will continue to get me into trouble. So what is a
CRUD generic read function: "select * from table where any field matches
given value"? :)  Or does one punt and just do findByPrimaryKey?