Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !

От damien clochard
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Le 08/06/2011 03:57, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> All,
>
> Can someone please take on re-formatting this magazine in US paper
> sizes?  I'd like to get a bunch printed for OSCON and the other US
> conferences.

hi !

I've done the A4 -> Letter transformation. FTR, it took me 90 minutes
overall. However i did it in quick-and-dirty mode, so you might want to
review each page one by one to check that everything is ok.

The source file is here :
https://github.com/daamien/pgmag/blob/master/src/00/issue-00.english.usletter.sla

The PDF exports are there :
http://pgmag.org/_media/00/issue-00.english.usletter.300dpi.nobleed.pdf
http://pgmag.org/_media/00/issue-00.english.usletter.300dpi.bleed.pdf

There's two versions because in order to print in "full bleed", some
printing services need the bleed information and some don't... Most of
them should be able to handle both versions, though.

In the meantime, i released a "screen" version of the magazine, as lots
of readers were wondering why the PDF was so big (78MB). At first, i
thought i would do one single PDF for all, but now it seems clear that
there should be different types of PDF exports.
You can see them all at :

http://pgmag.org/00/download

Once again thanks for reading the demo issue and for the feedback.

Work on the issue #01 might start in a few days, stay tuned !

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org