Re: Another RAID controller recommendation question

От David Boreham
Тема Re: Another RAID controller recommendation question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/18/2011 1:22 AM, Greg Smith wrote:

> That said, the card itself looks like plain old simple LSI MegaRAID.
> Get the battery backup unit

Thanks. Dell's web site drives me insane, and it appears I can save 20%
or more by going white-box.
One thing I don't understand is why is the BBU option never available
with "integrated" LSI controllers? It appears that anything with a
BBU/WBC capability immediately adds $700 or so to the machine price.