Re: [ADMIN] Postgres 8.3.10 Alter Table Waiting issue

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres 8.3.10 Alter Table Waiting issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[please don't send a post to multiple lists]

Pratheeban Jebasingh Tharmaraj <ptharmaraj@sirahu.com> wrote:

> I am trying to add column to the table that's hanging.
>
> alter table hr_firms add column_name biginit;
>
> This is the lock I see in the db
>
>  relation      |   564709 | 586888   |      |       |            |
>     |         |       |          | 1/8                | 1871 |
> AccessExclusiveLock | f

So it's temporarily blocking, waiting for conflicting access to
complete.

> Is it known issue or any fix available?

Don't modify the structure of the table at the same time as
conflicting access against the table, or wait for the transactions
performing the conflicting access to commit?

You haven't described the other activity on the table or shown the
other lock(s) involved in the blocking.  Without more information,
it's hard to be more specific.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin