Re: trouble shooting

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: trouble shooting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14/06/11 06:53, Nabil Ictech wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.3, Apache and phpPgAdmin, all in one.
> I had to unistall it, in order to install Open ERP. Open ERP has to work
> with its own PostgreSQL 8.3, but after unistalling your package, there
> seem to be something that remained in my computer, because the
> PostgreSQL 8.3 from Open ERP will not get installed.

Most likely you will need to remove your "postgres" user account and/or
the PostgreSQL folder in Program Files.

OpenERP should be installing PostgreSQL independently on a non-default
port using a non-default user account so that it does not conflict with
the default PostgreSQL installers. I suggest you report this issue to
them, as there is no reason you should not be able to run a regular
PostgreSQL as well as OpenERP's PostgreSQL at the same time.

On a side note, I think it'd be great if the Pg (un)installer for
Windows had a "clean uninstall" that stripped all this stuff, or a
separate "clean system" utility. I know deleting the account(s) breaks
PgAdmin III etc, but it's clearly a need for many Windows users.

--
Craig Ringer