Re: How to log query's from servers ?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: How to log query's from servers ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/06/2011 09:26 PM, Condor wrote:

> Can you explain little more how i can use database-level or user-level
> SET commands to set log_statement for only one of them ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-set.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-logging.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-alteruser.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-alterdatabase.html

You might, for example:

ALTER USER user1 SET log_statement = 'all';
ALTER USER user2 SET log_statement = 'none';

or do the same with ALTER DATABASE ... SET if you wanted to log on a
per-database level.

> Probably, a little filter or patch on postgresql source code file which
> manage logs to write log file
> only if ip is the ip that i want will save me.

Rather than patching PostgreSQL I would recommend configuring PostgreSQL
to log through a smarter syslog daemon like rsyslogd or syslogd-ng . You
should then be able to use regular expression filters in the syslog
daemon to discard log messages you are not interested in before they are
written to disk.

--
Craig Ringer