pg_ctl -o options

От Frank Bax
Тема pg_ctl -o options
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Our psql server has been upgraded several times over the years.

The start-up includes some -o options, namely:
-o '-i -B 3500 -D /var/pgsql/data'

I'm looking into replacing cli options with config file options.

-D /var/pgsql/data
It appears that startup works just fine if I drop this option

-B 3500
I don't know about all the previous upgrades; but these days we always
run initdb and then restore databases into new install.  Current docs
indicate this should have a kB or MB suffix?  What value should I
specify in postgresql.conf if replacing this option?

-i
In 'man postgres', the '-i' narrative indicates
    listen_address = *
But narrative in postgresql.conf mentions default is
    listen_address = 'localhost', '*' = all
Are these two options really equivalent? Should there be two equals?

Frank