Re: Connecting to Postgres using Windows 7

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Connecting to Postgres using Windows 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/25/2011 09:49 PM, Geoffrey Becker wrote:

> When I try to connect, all I get is a "Server does not exist or access
> is denied" error. I've tried configuring ODBC using odbcad32.exe as it
> seems that is necessary on a 64 bit OS, but I'm not sure if that even
> the right way to go.

*which* odbcad32.exe?

Due to a nasty historical quirk Microsoft is stuck with for backward
compat, there are both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of odbcad32.exe .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976

http://robertoschiabel.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/windows-x64-32bit-odbc-vs-64bit-odbc/

(Is this in the PgODBC documentation? It should be.)

--
Craig Ringer