Re: Postgres 8.3.5 - ECPG and the use of descriptors and cursors in multi-threaded programs

От Bosco Rama
Тема Re: Postgres 8.3.5 - ECPG and the use of descriptors and cursors in multi-threaded programs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Leif Jensen wrote:

> Is it really not possible to use 2 separate connection within 1 thread
> at the same time ? or is it an error in the ecpg library ?

It should be entirely possible to run multiple connections in a single
thread as long as you manage the 'AT connName' clauses properly.

Though, IIRC, using an 'AT connName' clause on any sort of 'deallocate'
statement generates an error in ecpg:

  ecpg -o test.c test.pgc
  test.pgc:35: ERROR: AT option not allowed in DEALLOCATE statement

This happens when trying to deallocate a query or a prepared statement.
I don't use descriptors but the error message indicates it's _any_ sort
of deallocate.

So, it would appear that you can allocate on a connection but not
deallocate from one.  :-(

I'm wonder if Tom or Michael can shine some light on this one?

Bosco.