Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Adding an example for replication configuration to pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Two things that could be changed from this example to make it more useful:

-Document at least a little bit more how this is different from the
"all/all" rule.  I can imagine users wondering "do I use this instead of
the other one?  In addition?  Is it redundant if I have 'all' in there?
A little more description here aiming at the expected FAQs here would
make this much more useful.

-The default database is based on your user name, which is postgres in
most packaged builds but not if you compile your own.  I don't know
whether it's practical to consider substituting that into this file, or
if it's just enough to mention that as an additional doc comment.