Re: Large Objects versus transactional behavior

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Large Objects versus transactional behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
YAMAMOTO Takashi  wrote:
> is there any chance to "just" make large objects obey the normal
> semantics in future?
I sure hope so, but I have no idea how hard that is.  I feel the same
about TRUNCATE TABLE now that I recognize the semantic difference
between it and DELETE FROM with no WHERE clause.
For this release, though, I don't think it would be sane to try to
make them comply with transactional semantics.  And, as I mentioned,
Serializable Snapshot Isolation can only make serializable that which
is conforming to the semantics of snapshot isolation.
-Kevin