Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Simon,

> I doubt that anyone wants the current behaviour.
>
> It's a very common thing for minor changes during beta to improve software.
> I think we should be listening to users so that we round off the
> features being delivered with a few tweaks.

Actually, I find the Unlogged tables very useful as they are.  I have at
least 20 clients who store their "session" tables in PostgreSQL, as well
as quite a few clients who use PostgreSQL as a backing store for a queue
with ephemeral data.  And the Unlogged tables are terrrific for doing ELT.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.